Our History

Our sign

Nolan's Hamden Monument opened in 1950 by Robert F. Nolan in conjunction with the Lichtenstein Co. of New Haven until around 1983 when Robert purchased the Lichtenstein Monument Co.

In 1975, we started doing all of our own work, including sandblast lettering, designing and setting of monuments and markers. By doing all the work ourselves, we have been able to control the production time and most importantly the quality of the work.

An example of our work

Robert's sons, John R. Nolan and Michael F. Nolan became officers of the company in 1983, and co-owners in 1993 with the passing of their father. The company is now a 3rd generation company, with the addition of John's son, Robert J. Nolan, and Michael's son Michael R. Nolan.